1.The UX Review,2013. Personas-The Beginners Guide.
2.Interaction Design Foundation. 2012. Personas – Lene Nielsen.
(by Fergal Glynn)
Users in the experience maps is also called as the persona by Alan Cooper in 1999 (Alan Cooper, 2012). Persona is a comprehensive prototype of real users which is a service for a product or a target group. Using the qualitative and quantitative research on the users, the users are clustered and can get the integrated prototypes of the target users (Mulder S; Yaar Z, 2007).
Typically you will want to capture any number of the following attributes:
- A person’s goals on your website / service / product
- A person’s motivations for using it
- A person’s current pain points or frustrations
- Some demographic data such as age/location/sex
- A quote that captures their attitude in general, or towards the website / service / product
- A short bio about their background
- A person’s technical ability along with which devices they use and how often
- Other brands or websites they may like
- A picture that captures that particular persona. Try not to use stock photography as this makes it hard to think about the persona as a real life person and can be difficult in gaining credibility. Dating sites are a good place to start for images – although remember to ask for permission if needed!
1.COOPER A. 2012. Software Concept Revolution :the Essence of Interaction Design[M]. Beijing : Publishing House of Electronics Industry.
2.Mulder S, Yaar Z. 2007. The user is always right : a practical guide to creating and using personas for the Web[J]. Information Research An International Electronic Journal, 55(1):74-76.